The Bicycle Academy, an innovative plan to train people to build bike frames whilst providing bikes to the developing world, used crowdfunding to generate the funds it needed to set up. The campaign was one of the most successful reward based campaigns raising £40,000 in just a few days.
I had the chance to speak to Andrew Denham, the founder of Bicycle Academy at the very end of 2011. In this interview Andrew:
- Explains how the Bicycle Academy works and what inspired him to set it up
- Why he chose to crowdfund it
- Why he chose the platform that he did
- What he believes made the campaign such a successful one
- Gives advice for anyone else looking to run a crowdfunding campaign
You can find out much more about twintangibles at www.twintangibles.co.uk